Monday, July 27, 2009

I Mean Business



It's official..........





I got into the Business Management program at BYU!!


And now I've got 2 more years of hardcore business classes and hardly any room for elective classes anymore--kinda a bummer. But I'm very excited! I have loved my beginning business classes so far. Maybe not Accounting 210, aka "The Beast," but the rest have been awesome.

There's seven emphases in the management major; I'm going to do Finance (yes, following in my mother's footsteps).

Then there are 8 sub-emphases in the finance emphasis:
  • Asset Management
  • Investment Banking
  • Personal Financial Planning
  • Real Estate
  • Corporate Finance
  • Entrepreneurial Finance (hate that word by the way, so hard to pronounce!)
  • International Finance
  • General Finance
No idea which one to pick. Any thoughts?

Here's a link to a description of the finance major and what each sub-emphasis is, in case you are wondering.


1 comment:

  1. I have three votes (in no particular order) (1)Asset Management (2) Corporate Finance and (3) General Finance. Don't ask me why, just gut instinct. :)

    ReplyDelete