Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lake Powell


I had an awesome time last week at Lake Powell with my family. Nothing can beat that! I wish I could stay there another week. So here's my Top 5 Favorite Things from Lake Powell list....

#5: Hiking


We went an this amazing 6-hour slot-canyonish hike with 21 people. It was full of sweet rappels and tricky holes we had to maneuver around. Some of it was pretty difficult. We all had to help each other out.


#4: Rad Tubing


My uncle was so nice to take us tubing on his boat and it was way fun! I had a blast and couldn't stop laughing for whole rides at a time.



#3: Playing Cards (Rook, Scum, Hearts, ...)


I am a card freak. And Lake Powell is the place to play cards. My favorite is Rook--definitely the most strategic game I've ever seen.



#2: Wicked Water Skiing


Slalom skiing, of course. This is by far one of my most favorite activities! And now I want to go all the time! So if you have a boat..... :)



#1: Being with my Family!

[Sorry, I couldn't find a picture]

I know, cheese alert! But really, this is the part I love about going to Lake Powell--the family being forced to live together for one week on one tiny boat--awesome! Love you guys!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Caitlin!

    It's Maggie Tata, your kind-of cousin! I found your blog {thank you, facebook} and I'm just really excited about it--let's be blog friends, eh?

    I love Lake Powell {I've been there all of one time}, and I read Harry Potter 4 when I was there in order to prepare for the release of the 7th book the day I got back. I've been a Harry Potter nerd since 5th grade too. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete