Friday, September 4, 2009

Paralysis


As this is the first post that Mr. Shayne Clarke (a.k.a. Name Nazi) will read, I want to make it really "cool." Why? Well to make a good first impression, be socially acceptable, fit in, conform to the norm, blah blah blah...

[To those not so clued in, Mr. Shayne Clarke is the instructor for my Business Communication class. Part of our grade is to blog once a week for the semester.]

**********

I heard an interesting thing the other day--that I'm not quite my normal self in this blog. I'm a little bit different.

This brought up some interesting thoughts: Am I suppressing my true inner self? Do I have some hidden alter-ego that can only be released through blogging? Do I suffer from split-personality disorder? Should I destroy one personality?


Yes, all very interesting thoughts...

But I actually think this is true. [Now an in-depth look into my personality...] I am much more reserved in real life. When I'm around people I don't know, I am careful, cautious. And since I am virtually the only one who reads this, I feel no need to hold back.

Which is why this new assignment could have a major effect on my blog writing--mainly because there's a new audience. Before, my audience was essentially myself, a few family members, and occasional friends. Now my audience expands to include my teacher and peers. So my natural reaction is to tone things down.

This is restricting. I am very self-conscious of what everyone will think of this blog. However, my goal will be to not let this affect my writing. I am simply going to NOT CARE. So if I offend, I'm not really sorry. If you think I sound weird, that's fine. I'm not caring.

**********

Now for a funny picture that really has nothing to do with the above topic:


2 comments:

  1. Dear Caitlin, I am excited you have a blog!! I did not even know. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! Your blog is awesome too btw. : )

    ReplyDelete