Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh the Treasures...


On Sunday I did some shoe "shopping" at a very unique store ... Grammie's House.

Here's how it went:

1. My sister Kendy saw a bunch of shoes on a random shelf in Grandma's basement.
2. She told me some of them where kinda cool and I should go down and look.
3. So I did, tried a few on, and then made my selection.

Look at these beauties:


I hope these aren't some family heirloom that shouldn't be played with. But, if they are, then why aren't they in some nice little box labeled "Family Heirlooms" down there?

[Side Note: I saw at least 5 "Family Heirloom" boxes. I also saw a "Winter Clothes" box and a "Things for Gifts" box and a "Clothes to Give Away" box.]

My grandma is an exquisite Collector of items that may (or may not) hold significance.
And I love her very much.

Hope you don't mind Grammie! I think these shoes are kickin! Now... what to wear them with? Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Yes I have a thought... How about a wedding dress! Yes, that would be banging on all the wedding day memorable cylinders and make grammy happy I'm sure. "Something old..." (if you know the saying)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHHAHAHAAH Caitlin! I love this post, because I totally used to go hunting for weird stuff in the basement all the time! Those shoes are total beauties! If you are looking for fabric or yarn its also a great place to start. I have a few boxes of 'heirloom' stuff but I think I was more specific about my markings! P.S. I don't think those are in any way special to Grammie, but Aunt Cosi might have some attachment to them, because I think they were hers...hahahah Great stomach work out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does. grandma. KNOW?!? You could be in some SERIOUS trouble, my friend!! Those were special. VERY special. Heirlooms. In the family since that blowout sale in 1984. That's before you were born, young lady!!

    ReplyDelete